Sunday, January 6, 2013

Pinterest: Waste Of Time Or Productive Hobby?

Looking back here, it's been a while since I posted! I'll try to change that in the coming year. My last post was me freaking out a little because I'd been unjustly blocked from Pinterest. Thankfully they remedied that fairly quickly and I'm still pinning with mad abandon. I've even done a few things from my pins! I've come to terms with the fact that Pinterest is pretty much a gorgeous time-suck, electronic hoarding really, and that I will be lucky if I do even ten percent of the things I pin. However, it's a hobby I enjoy and as such I will continue to do it. It doesn't take away from my family, it gives me joy, and I daresay that some of the things I've pinned have even added to my family's joy (for instance, when my children clamored for one of those damn Elves On a Shelf this Christmas, I was able to mine the Pinterest braintrust and do all sorts of creative things that I didn't have to come up with myself! The kids loved it.). My mother and I have even started some secret boards of craft projects that we might actually tackle together... one of these days.

I can still poke a little fun at my beloved though. I leave you with the "Fall of Pinterest" video, which is both hilarious and... sadly accurate. (And it's a Lord of the Rings parody, which speaks to my nerdly heat.)



1 comment:

  1. I am going to try to do at least ONE thing from my pins every week and blog about it. I had created a blog for it, but now can't get into it. I recreeated it this morning and have you linked there. http://our-pinspiration.blogspot.com/ - Jennifer

    ReplyDelete